Ranch Ehrlo Society has an exciting new opportunity to provide family based emergency care for young children. We are looking to contract families to provide emergency foster care in Prince Albert and surrounding area. Specially trained foster care parents will welcome infants and children aged 0 to 3 years into their home 24/7 for emergency, short-term care for up to 30 days when removal from their family is necessary.
The successful candidates will assume responsibilities for children in their care and provide a safe and nurturing environment. Foster parents are provided with training, clinical and consultative support, and respite services, including access to a 24-hour on-call system. Foster parents work collaboratively with a number of professionals and participate in the care planning process.
The agency will provide competitive professional service fees through a service contract and assist foster parents with the process of incorporation and insurance.
Foster parents will have:
- Past training/experience and natural abilities to work with children.
- The ability to parent one or two children (preferably two)
- Their own home in the Prince Albert area with one or two spare bedrooms
- A loving and supportive family environment
- One parent must stay at home full-time
- A willingness to complete foster parent training and a home study
- Applicants who are currently Foster Parents or have been in the past and have completed Pride training and a home study are welcome to apply