Ehrlo Sport Venture and The Regina intersectoral Partnership have teamed up to provide mentorship for young people involved in 11UI and twelve & up who are at risk of antisocial behaviour or are at risk to themselves in the community.
Please include your availability in your cover letter as this position requires shifts on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Applicants must be able to engage children and families, be respectful, non-judgemental and consistent in their interactions. Ability to commit to the full term of the contract is imperative.
- Ability to express a level flexibility and creativity in decision making
- An understanding of risk factors which may impact children and families.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- The ability to work independently, be self-motivated and work collaboratively with others working with families.
- Knowledge of recreational opportunities offered for children in the community and how to access them.
- Strong organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills are critical.
- The ability to succinctly document client contact and complete written case plans/progress notes in a timely fashion.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend a training session prior to commencement of role
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and basic understanding of legislation such as the Child and Family Services Act.
- A Police Criminal Record, and Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
- Post-Secondary education in Social Work, Education and/or Kinesiology Degree and/or Social Sciences/Human Services is preferred. Experience working with children/youth who are in a place of vulnerability and an understanding of composite risk factors is an asset.
Staff must hold a valid class 5 novice 2 or higher driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy. Mentors are responsible for mileage, associated vehicle maintenance and insurance costs.
The position will require between 12-24 hours per month, to be negotiated between you and the family. The position will run from February – August and will be compensated at $23/hr
Please apply online at www.ehrlo.com by January 21, 2018. For more information please contact Amanda McConnell at email@example.com
Ranch Ehrlo Society is a charitable organization dedicated to providing a range of quality assessment, treatment, education, support, and community services that improve the lives of children, youth and their families.