Ranch Ehrlo Society has a great opportunity within its Sport Venture Program. We are looking for a Sports Venture Manager (SVM) to fill a 4-month full time term. Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule including some late evenings, early mornings and/or weekends. This position is .8 FTE required to work 32 hours per week.
We believe that everyone should have the right to play. So our mission is a simple one – Ehrlo Sport Venture Program (Sport Venture) works to provide inner-city youth and families with control of, and access to, a variety of recreational programs.
What does that mean?
If anyone wants to participate in sports; they shouldn’t have to worry about the cost of league fees or expensive equipment. That’s where we come in.
We want to make it easy for as many families as possible to participate in our programs. We offer free drop-in sports leagues (hockey, basketball, soccer, and football) and have a library where you can borrow sports equipment, free of charge.
All of our programs are staffed by volunteers from the Regina community.
The Sports Venture Manager [SVM] provides leadership and resource management of the Sport Venture various sports programs and equipment management. The SVM is responsible for networking with community agencies, sponsors, volunteers, participants, and staff. The position is responsible for facilitating and managing various programs; Outdoor Hockey League, Dress A Champion, Monday Night Football, Basketball, Sport Venture Library and other programs as created. The position involves ongoing communication and coordination with various partners.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree a related area from a recognized post-secondary institution. Related area may include but is not limited to: physical activities studies, social science, education, social work, psychology, or administration;
- Minimum of five years of experience in child and youth care, recreational programs for youth with special needs, coaching, or working with volunteer groups.
- Responsible to hire, provide training and supervision to staff.
- Provides leadership and team development for all employees and volunteers involved with programs.
- Networks to recruit train and orientate pools of volunteers to coach and otherwise contribute to no cost sports leagues.
- Leads and manages the high-quality implementation of programs, provides information and feedback to parents, funders, community partners, agency executive and board of directors as appropriate.
- Participates in community relations, agency activities and other activities that promote the success of the Sport Venture services and programs within community.
- Responsible for the direct leadership and management of volunteers and coaches.
- Plans and schedules appropriately for staff and volunteers needs for various events and programs.
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking inventory of over 400 sets of hockey equipment, School Skate program and various other equipment.
- Tracks inventory of donations, purchases equipment as needed, maintains equipment orders and fulfills community requests.
- Responsible for searching for sponsorship funding, contacting potential sponsors and reporting back to sponsors on how funds were used.
- Maintain and update social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
Annual wage is for this position is $57,853 to $74,786 depending experience.