SUMMER WORK CREW Assistants - # 18-110
Summer Student FULL-TIME Temporary Position (2)
Wages are $20.29 to $21.77 per hour (depending on experience)
Summer student applicants must meet the following criteria as approved by Canada Summer Jobs Youth Employment Strategy and Ranch Ehrlo Society:
(a) is between 19 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
(e) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
*Foreign students are not eligible.
Summer Work Crew Program runs approximately July 3 – August 22, 2018 (tentatively)
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Providing supervision, structure, and support to summer work crew
• Assisting in the development, organization and implementation of a therapeutic day program
• Provide technical support to residents on operating of equipment
• Maintenance and repair of properties, including painting, watering, cleaning, and mowing lawns
• Picking up scrap and hauling to the dump
• Provide feedback to and supervision of crew
• Hold group sessions and plan recreation activities
• Gardening and carpentry skills an asset
• Being mechanically inclined is helpful on the job
Must hold a valid class 5 experienced driver's license and good driver's abstract.
Applications for this position will be accepted until 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 22, 2017.