Community Recreation Support Worker
Term: Part Time
Category: Sport Venture
Reference #: 19-363
Contact: Human Resources
Closing Date: Dec 12, 2019 - 11:59 PM
The Ehrlo Sport Venture Program is seeking an energetic and compassionate part-time temporary Community Recreation Support Worker for its Social Connections program. In partnership with the Saskatchewan Health Authority, Social Connections is a program for youth ages 7-13 on the autism spectrum. Through interaction in arts and recreation Social Connections aims to provide an opportunity for kids on the autism spectrum to work on their individual goals, fine motor and social skills in an inclusive and engaging environment.
- Have or working towards a Kinesiology Degree, specializing in Adapted Physical Activity Studies and/or Recreation Diploma and/or Educational Assistant Diploma and experience with children with mental health disorders an asset. Bachelor of Social Work, Education Degree, and Bachelor of Arts will all be considered.
- The successful applicant will be required to work Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. from – December 2019 – April 2020
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related to youth education, working with youth, special education, and/or residential or youth care experience considered an asset.
- Experience working and implementing programming in the community
- Staff must hold a class 5 novice 2 or higher driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
- An understanding of risk factors which may impact
children and families.
- The ability to work independently and
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Please apply online at www.ehrlo.com by December 12, 2019.
Ranch Ehrlo Society is a charitable organization dedicated to providing a range of quality assessments.