Family Preservation Therapist
Term: Full Time
Reference #: 19-329
Contact: Robert Robwoh @ 306-751-4529
Closing Date: Nov 13, 2019 - 11:59 PM
Is this career for you:
Ambitious? Creative? Someone who will advocate for families and is willing to go above and beyond to support those we serve? Do you believe families can succeed when offered the right supports?
If you want a rewarding role in working with children and families? Are you able to think outside the box? Do you value hard work and commitment to those you serve? Are you are comfortable with flexible work hours and networking with community agencies, then keep reading, as this may be the right career for you.
We are currently looking for a full time term Family Preservation Therapists to work in our Family Treatment Program. Every family is unique, so our approach is to consider culture, values, and family beliefs in our work. We focus on truly building a therapeutic relationship with families, engagement activities are integral in getting to know the family, and learn about their values, goals, and strengths. Working with families in their home environment and supporting their growth and development in their comfort zone, enhances their overall functioning, and provides a safe environment for the children.
- Two years of in-home family work experience
- Masters of Social Work degree, may consider bachelors degree in a related area from a recognized post-secondary institution combined with relevant experience, and a commitment for higher education
- Ability to provide a range of clinical, concrete, and advocacy services to family members - Exceptional individual, family, and group counselling skills.
- Superior relationship development/engagement skills
- Versed in the field of mental health and child welfare
- Strong organizational, verbal, written, consultative skills
- Registered with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers or be able to obtain registration with this professional association
Salary is $66, 109.06 to $100, 891.65 depending on education and experience.