Human Resources Consultant
Location: Regina / Pilot Butte
Term: Full Time
Category: Human Resources
Reference #: 19-362
Contact: Nancy Underhill @ 306-751-4529
Closing Date: Jan 26, 2020 - 12:59 PM
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity? We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our Human Resource Team as a Human Resources Consultant. We are looking for an experienced candidate that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys challenges. The HR Consultant will work with employees and leadership in all matters relating to effective human resource management including, but not limited to: recruitment and selection, on-boarding, performance management, compensation, organizational development, employee relations, and talent management. The HR Consultant ensures the effective delivery of human resource initiatives and makes recommendations for enhancements.
• Working with management this role will be responsible in the full cycle recruitment of all hires including posting of job ads, shortlisting resumes, and interviews
• On-boarding of new employees including introduction to the agency’s mission, vision and values and personnel policy and procedures.
• Provide expertise to management on human resource matters to resolve employee relations issues and provide recommendations on course of action.
• Develop and maintain job descriptions in collaboration with management.
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of agency policies in collaboration with management/executive, ensuring attention to current relevant legislation
• Prepare and maintain confidential employment records, employee change of statuses, staff correspondence and ad-hoc reporting.
• Support, educate, conduct and assist management with employee relations issues and necessary internal investigations.
• Provide HR support, training, advice and guidance referrals to all staff and management, ensuring adherence to legal and human rights standards.
• Compensation and staff planning in collaboration with management
• Prepare HR reports and maintain HRIS database
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field of study.
• CPHR designation or working towards is considered an asset
• Minimum of 4 years of progressive HR experience
• Exceptional communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple project simultaneously without losing focus
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for human resources management and its related fields.
• Knowledge of all relevant and related legislation and regulations,
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Ability to effectively reason, solve problems, and make decisions.
• Ability to manage time and projects effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills, high sense of teamwork and team commitment.
• Ability to work independently with excellent follow-through.
• Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality and ethics
As one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, pension plan, and enhanced vacation plan. Salary range is $66,109 to $85,448. Don’t miss out on this amazing career opportunity!!
Qualified applicants must complete a mandatory online application and attach a resume along with a cover letter at https://ehrlo.com/careers/current-openings/human-resources-consultant. Please reference posting 19-362 on all correspondence. Applications will be accepted until 11:00 p.m. on January 26, 2020.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest, if you are selected to continue into our interview process, our human resources department will be in contact with you.