Recreation Support Worker
Reference #: 20-138
Contact: Robert Robwoh @ 306-751-4529
Closing Date: Jul 01, 2020 - 11:59 PM
The Ehrlo Sport Venture Program is seeking a casual Community Recreation Worker (CRW). The CRW will work in the community to assist a variety of sports programs targeted at removing barriers between youth and participation in sport and recreation opportunities. The CRW, with support from the Sport Venture Manager, will support the implementation of the structured leagues (baseball, hockey, soccer, basketball and football), community events, and family day camps during summer months. The CRW will assist with the operation of Ehrlo Sport Venture Library, including equipment lending, inventory control and equipment repair.
- Schedules certain activities and provide supervision.
- Execute lesson/session/activity plans for athletic or arts programs.
- Keep attendance statistics for athletic and arts related programs and day camps.
- Involved in seeking out information on community resources of benefit to youth.
- Assist Manager of Sport Venture Programs in planning, budgeting, and development of activities for individual children, evaluate the impact of the various programs and day camps.
- Responsible for accurate, timely reports of the activities.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Sport Venture Library.
- Seeking out grant and sponsorship opportunities
- Provides leadership and training to new staff, practicum students or volunteers as required.
- Displaying positive role modeling, values, and fairness.
- Provides factual information to other team members within various departments.
- Ensuring client confidentiality at all times.
- Provide professional and helpful customer assistance.
- Ensure facilities for programs are booked.
- Arrange for necessary equipment and supplies for programs.
- Identify needed resources for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Accountable for the cost-effective stewardship of pre-approved expenses.
- Manage Library inventory (repair, restock, etc.)
- Have or working towards a Kinesiology Degree, specializing in Adapted Physical Activity Studies and/or Recreation Technology Diploma and/or Educational Assistant Diploma and experience with children with mental health disorders an asset. Having or working towards a Bachelor of Social Work, Education Degree, and Bachelor of Arts will all be considered.
- The successful applicant will be required to work some evenings and weekends dependent on the needs of the programs.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related to youth education, working with youth, special education, and/or residential or youth care experience.
- Experience working and implementing programming in the community
- Staff must hold a class 5 novice 2 or higher driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- First Aid and CPR
- Athletics and varied sport
- Awareness of COA of Services for Families and Children Inc. Standards.
- An understanding of risk factors which may impact children and families.
- The ability to work independently and work collaboratively.
Ranch Ehrlo Society is a charitable organization dedicated to providing a range of quality assessment, treatment, education, support, and community services that improve the lives of children, youth and their families.