Looking for an opportunity to lend a hand in the Regina area? Look no further – Ehrlo Sport Venture is always accepting volunteers!
All of our leagues are staffed by volunteers. They function as coaches, equipment runners, and so much more.
Coaches create and execute weekly practice plans, teach skills and function as contacts for players. Assistant coaches are right-hand men for coaches and step up to act as head coach in the event of a coach’s absence.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities:
- Baseball: coaches
- May/July (2-4 hrs/ wk)
- Football: coaches
- September/October (1 – 1.5 hrs/ wk)
- Outdoor Hockey: coaches/referees/ equipment fitters
- November- March (2 -4 hrs/ wk)
- Basketball: coaches
- June/July (2 -2.5 hrs/ wk)
- Soccer: coaches
- July/August (1-2 hr/ wk)
What’s required to volunteer at Sport Venture?
- All volunteers must submit an application form prior to beginning volunteer service.
- All volunteers (over the age of 18) require a current criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector check, in order to volunteer with Ranch Ehrlo Society. Criminal record checks must be current within six months of the volunteer’s start date. Those volunteers not receiving credit for their services (i.e. course requirement) may receive a letter from Volunteer Services which allows them to avoid processing fees for their criminal record check. Please inquire with the manager of Volunteer Services before getting your criminal record check done if you require such a letter.
- All volunteers must, at minimum, complete an oath of confidentiality prior to beginning services. In many cases, volunteers must complete additional paperwork and attend an orientation as part of their volunteer screening and training. Please contact Volunteer Services for complete application details.