The holiday season can bring unique challenges for some families, especially those participating in Ranch Ehrlo's family programs. Many of these families grapple with financial difficulties, leading to unmet expectations and disappointments for children. Parents, in turn, face increased stress and struggles during this festive time.
Patti Petrucka, family program director commented, "Financial struggles make it difficult to provide gifts or special treats during the holiday season. There's significant concern about being able to afford a present for your child to unwrap on Christmas morning. These donations truly make a profound difference for families, alleviating a considerable burden during this stressful time of the year."
The families in the programs are getting a hand up thanks to some generous local businesses and individuals this holiday season, including from:
- K+S Potash Canada $7,500
- HK Henderson Insurance Inc. $1,000
- Heather Collins $1,000
- Calendar Club Moose Jaw 40 teddy bears
- Carol’s Catering and Cafe $300
- Rotary Club of Regina Eastview $1,500
- Knight Honda $500
- Medicine Shoppe $500
- Adeptus Marketing $500
- Cirque du Soleil donated 25 tickets to its performance of Corteo
- Moose Jaw Co-operative Association Ltd $200 gift card
- And many personal donations of differing amounts from wonderful individuals.
Matthew Pitts with Henderson Insurance’s community engagement committee, said, “HK Henderson Insurance decided it would be a great idea to give back to the communities we serve. We gave money last year, and we know how it benefitted the families, so we decided to do the same again this year.”
Thank you very much for your generosity!
Happy holidays, everyone!