We talk about careers at the Ranch often. We highlight the perks like how you get to touch lives from the first day on the job. Just in case you don’t believe us, we thought we would reach out to a few people who had long careers at the agency and see what they had to say.
- Ingrid Sinoski, retired this May after being a housemother in Prince Albert for 18 years. This is what she had to say about her time at Ranch Ehrlo. “It’s a good place to work. The people, the kids, and the pay cheque and the benefits aren’t bad either.”
- Susan Craig, another housemother retiring after 20 years at the Ranch explained the reason why she loves working here. “It’s the unbelievably great work that is being done in the agency. I don’t know of any other organization that does this quality and caliber of work in such a caring and compassionate manner. Not just the kids but the families as well and each other. It has been a privilege to be part of that.
- Malcolm Neill, the vice-president of residential services has been with the agency since 1988 in a wide range of positions. He said simply, “I love coming to work every day with the possibility of helping someone have a better day/life.”
- Unit manager Paula Gutiw is also retiring after a 30+ career at Ranch Ehrlo (also a bit of trivia, she has been a unit manager longer than anyone in the history of Ranch Ehrlo). What did she say she loves the most? “I really enjoyed working with the youth and watching them succeed while building some strong relationships with them –then these youth coming back as young adults to say ‘hi’ years later, saying ‘thank you for helping me’. I also really enjoyed working with so many staff that positively impacted these youth’s lives in so many ways. As a unit manager, my role models were the dedicated staff that worked with these youth—unbelievable patience, caring, and empathy.”
- Patti Petruka, director of family treatment has worked in the agency and with families since 2001. What reason did she give for loving her job? “The innovation – we can think outside the box and with that do the most amazing things for the people we serve.”